- Establishing the Information Publication Scheme
- Information Management Framework
- Register of Disclosures made
- Determination of exempt documents
- How will we make the information available?
- Charges to requestors
- Information architecture
- Other sources of related information
- Information required to be published
- Optional information
- Administering the agency IPS
Information Publication Scheme
ComSuper is an agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) and is required to comply with the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) requirements. This agency plan describes how ComSuper proposes to do this, as required by s 8(1) of the FOI Act.
We are an Australian Government agency responsible for administering the principal superannuation schemes available to Australian Government employees and Australian Defence Force members.
We are mandated under legislation to provide superannuation administration services under authority from the Commonealth Superannuation Corporation who is responsible for the Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme (CSS), Public Sector Superannuation (PSS) scheme, Public Sector Superannuation accumulation plan (PSSap), Military Superannuation and Benefits (MilitarySuper) scheme and the Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits (DFRDB) scheme.
The agency plan describes how ComSuper proposes to implement and administer the IPS in respect of its own information holdings, by addressing:
- establishing and administering ComSuper’s IPS contribution
- information architecture
- information required to be published
- other information to be published (optional information)
- accessibility to information published
- compliance review
- better practice initiatives including promoting community engagement.
ComSuper will continue to build and foster a culture within the agency, in which there is appropriate proactive disclosure of its information holdings, leading to successful implementation and administration of the IPS. This is in recognition that public sector information is a national resource managed for public purposes.
Last updated May 23, 2012